Friday, 23 July 2010

I Can Do Blonde

I'm not very technically minded so I don't use Digi images very often as I have to rely on the patience of my children. I'm hoping someone out there in blogland can help me with the designer of this image,all I know is that it was a freebie image which I managed to download and save but omitted to record where it originated from.


Isn't she fun though carrying her shades and wearing her swimming cozzie,I thought she'd be perfect to use on a card for a 15 year old. I coloured her using Copics,if you're interested on the colours I used to achieve the blonde they were:- YR20,E51,E33 and E35,I used a touch of C1 on top of these just where I wanted a little shadow. I'm really chuffed with the result as I've tried numerous times to achieve blonde but have always ended up with dirty blonde instead of sun kissed. The lace I retrieved from the edge of the sleeve of my daughters school summer dress,she'll need a complete new uniform to start Secondary School next term. The roses have been in my stash for years so thought it was about time I used them.
I'm using this card for several challenges,
Stamp Something ,Flowery challenge,
Wild Orchid Challenge 1,Say it with flowers,
OSAAT Challenge 22,Digi image,
Hopefully I'll get a few more lovely visitors and maybe even some more followers as several of these challenges are new for me.
Hope you all have a lovely weekend,
thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x
I've just gone through my photo files and discovered that the image is called Summer Lovin Maddie by Stamp Insanity.

19 comments:

Sue Upson said...

Great card and lovely image - I struggle with hair full stop so you are light years ahead of me!! Good luck with the challenges xx

Mina said...

it could be a Spesch image Julie, but whoevers it is you coloured her beautifully and theres nothing at all wrong with her hair its perfect I promise you
Mina xxx

CraftinGranny said...

Hi Julie,
Thanks for stopping by my blog and the sweet comment.
Really cute card and great image. Your coloring is perfect.
"Hugs" Carol

Dora said...

Gorgeous, love your DP :) Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week and good luck xx

Anne said...

Lovely card Julie
Thanks for joining us over @ J I
Anne xx

Cheryl said...

oh really love this the coulrs are awesome and the detail is just brill,many thanks for playing at OSAAT hugs cheryl xxxxx

gayle said...

Great image Julie and you have done a fantastic job of the colouring. Good luck with the challenges. x

Susan's crafty chaos said...

Beautiful card! Thanks very much for joining in with our Digi Madness challenge at OSAAT, and good luck! Don't forget to check back tomorrow to see the new challenge too :D

Michelle said...

A fabulous card and great colouring. Well done with the blonde too! Thanks for joining us at DU2
x Michelle

Rachel said...

Great card. I love the image too and your colouring. Thanks very much for joining in to just inspirational.

Jane said...

Whoever she is you've done a great job!! XX

Linda Robinson said...

What a cute card! You did a perfect job with her blonde hair.. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend! ~Linda

Padster said...

Beautiful card and fabby hair - Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week
Hugs,
Deb xx
PS She's called Summer Lovin Maddies but I have no idea where she came from either :c)

Jeannie said...

Oh my goodness you have so many comments here! Well to add mine - you've done a great job - I really struggle with hair - I think I need you to give me a colouring lesson!
PS nice to see you earlier x

Di said...

Love this card, great colouring. I struggle with hair too and i'm the worlds worst at remembering where i got my digi freebies from. Di.x

Jenny said...

Very cute. Thanks for playing my challenge at Wee Memories, http://suchins.blogspot.com. A new challenge was posted yesterday :) Hope you can play again!! Hugs :) :) :)

Tanya Tahir said...

So cute! I love how you achieved the blonde hair. I've just started learning to use copics too - they are so much fun aren't they?

Wendy said...

How cute is she, love the way she is coloured, loving her hair.
thanks for joining in at J I challenges

Daniele said...

waht a great card thanks for joining us at Just Inspirational hugs