Wednesday 13 October 2010

Scrapbook Sister's Card Challenge!

Yes,it's Wednesday again and time for a new challenge at Scrapbook Sisters. I can't believe how quickly the weeks fly by. There were some great entries for last weeks challenge,well done to everyone that entered,I for one certainly found it a challenging theme, lol! This weeks theme is a nice easy one,"Flower Power" everyone can do this one,right?

Here is my DT card,hopefully to inspire you,I think That maybe I took the theme a little further than was needed but hey,with these scrummy papers,Petal Pushers-Doodles by Bo Bunny it just had to be done. If you read my previous post you'll know the card caused me a few problems but the main one was that I wanted to get a number on it too.My lovely image is Coffee time by Sugar Nellie,this girl is a bit wacky but she dressed to match the papers lol!

I used some lovely black flat backed gems both on the frame flower and along the edge to help stop the easel slipping I added a Sizzix Die cut flower and used my cuttlebug to emboss the pink frame,also cut using a Sizzix Die.

I hope my lovely friend Emma who the card was for,wasn't too shocked by this colourful creation and that she had a great birthday yesterday.

I do hope that you feel inspired to enter this week's challenge,

Thanks for stopping by,

Julie.x



6 comments:

brenda said...

Hi Julie

Already seen this over at the challenge blog and even got my entry made, how's that for organisation.

I love the zingy colorus you have used here, a really lovely creation.

B x

Julie said...

I love how bright and colourful this is, fab card.

Sue U said...

Fab card Julie, love that image :-) Sue xx

Dawn said...

Fantastic card! Thanks for the heads up!
Hugs
Dawn x

Carol Hurlock said...

Julie what a cute card. Your flower is lovely and the dp is just stunning. Great job. Thank for telling me about the challenge. I am going to enter.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}

Jeannie said...

Lovely card Julie - lovce the bright and cheerful colours!