Saturday 6 November 2010

Another Birthday

There's another birthday in our house today so thought I'd share the card that I made for my husband. Yes,I've been on the Cricut again! I love the fact that you can press a button and alter one image in so many ways,this is the certificate on the Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge(The only one I have at the moment) By pressing Roly Poly,the rectangular cut becomes a Square cut,I have just discovered that I can also cut it as a frame too!

Colin used to ride a Scooter in his youth and has a longing to revisit this,I'm hoping he doesn't but thought I'd stamp him one instead,the original image is a bit feminine with a heart on the wheel arch so I traced the arch onto another piece of card,cut it out and mounted it onto a foam pad.


The greeting is Jane's script by Woodware, stamped with distress ink.

Obviously the hearts are Cricut's again,love the fact you can make the shape whatever size you like and also flip the image. Forgive me if I'm becoming a Cricut bore but I need to get it out of my system lol! I distressed the edges of the hearts and the certificate and added ink stitching.

I'm going to use this card for the following challenges:-
Wee Memories 30,Birthday,
2 Sisters 12,Birthday,
Bugaboo,Anything goes,
C4C62,Square card,
DDCC90,Clean and simple,
Papertake,Penny for the Guy,
PTT19,Birthday.
That's it from me this evening,remember,there are some great challenges out there,Scrapbook Sister's,Autumn colour challenge and Southern Girls,Transport and travel are two of them, why not give them a go!
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x




25 comments:

Unknown said...

This is lovely, dont use my cricut enough and am always looking for ideas. Dont have that cartridge but am tempted to get it. Mary x

Lesley said...

Love the look of your card!

Janice said...

Brilliant card - I don't have a circut, but enjoyed reading your post, it sounds a fantastic beast! Jx

brenda said...

Great card Julie and really a bit different.

B x

Annika said...

One of the coolest cards I've ever seen!! Seriously, love the design -wowwowwow! These primitive hearts are so cute and the frame just stunning and the doodling finishes things off perfectly. You rock, girl!!
Hugs
Annika

Julie said...

Hi Julie, love your card, the colour scheme is great (very romantic lol)and it's great to see you're getting to grips with your Cricut.

Bit curious about you only being able to see parts of the photos on my blog. Can I ask what browser you're using?

Nancy said...

A wonderful card!! I love finding all of these awesome tips for the Cricut...I'll have to try that one because I own that cartridge!! Thanks for partying with us this week at Party Time Tuesdays!

Ann said...

I have that scooter stamp...love what you did with it! Thanks for playing along at Wee Memories this week!

Di said...

This is a great card for the men. I know loads who would love that scooter image. nice clean design, you're so lucky having that cricut too. Di.xx

Angie said...

Hi Julie great card love the bike thanks for joining us at papertake weekly
hugs Angie

Unknown said...

Love this card and the bike is just too cute! TY for joining PTT this week, hope to see you next week too!

Louise F NZ said...

GTORGEOUS! love the scooter and the colours are fabulous.

Unknown said...

This is just soooo cute. I love it. It so fun see all the wonderful thing you create on your cricut... Hope you had a great weekend.

Hugs, Linda

Min said...

This card just ROCKS! (I love my cricut too!!) :D
Thanks so much for playin' along with the "Anything Goes" challenge at the Catch The Bug Challenge Blog!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min

Pattie G said...

What a very nice clean and simple card!
Thanks for joining us this week at Dutch Dare Card Challenge.
Hugs
Pattie

Virginia L. said...

Aw... this is SO sweet! I adore the design and lovely details! Thanks for playing with us at Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge!

Avril Tanner said...

Such a sweet card! Thanks for playing along with LRW!

Lori said...

Great card Julie! Don't you just love finding new ways to use your Cricut!? I need to fire mine up more often. Thanks for joining in the Catch the Bug Challenge with your awesome card. I hope you'll join us again next time.
Lori

Sue U said...

Wow, Julie, would never have thought of using the certificate like this, great idea :-) Love the scooter too - hope your HB liked it
Sue xx
P.S. I am holding you solely responsible for guilt tripping me into wiping the dust of my Cricut and actually using the thing!! (thank you :-) )

Jeannie said...

Fab card - you really are making the most of your Cricut!

Eileen said...

Oh this is a great card sure your hubby will love it. eileen xx

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, my gracious, Julie! I cannot tell you how much I adore this card! Waaaay cute! And that scooter is, simply, to die for! Thanks for playing along in the Wee Memories' Scrappy Saturday Challenge!

Nancy in Iowa said...

Wonderful card. Great coloring. That border is the bees-knees...perfect for the overall theme of the card. Also love your inky stitches.
Thanks for explaining Cricut pointers - still on the fence about it - so love to hear reasons to nudge me from the fench and into the store...

Tammy Miller said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!! Beautiful card in great colors and lovely details! Thanks for joining us this week at Catch the Bug Challenge Blog for our Anything Goes Challenge! We Hope to see you again for our next challenge! Thanks Again, Tammy

Nancy in Iowa said...

Congratulations!
So happy by deer friend won a challenge!
It was so fun to pop by and actually see a card I recognized!
Congratulations on the win over at 2 Sisters Challenge!