Saturday, 13 November 2010

Forever Friends.

The Lovely Karen from Scrapbook Sisters passed me her set of Papermania Forever friends stamps this morning saying,"See what you can do with these". Well,as I've only made a couple of Christmas cards so far,I couldn't wait to get crafting. I paper pieced the parcel and coloured the stamped image with Copics.

The image is quite big and I wasn't sure if it would swamp the front of the card (the card measures 14cm square). I removed a circle aperture and then cut a scalloped circle from "Santa's on his way" paper pack,cut a circle from the middle and used this to frame the aperture.

A little secret,after I'd coloured the image and cut the card to fit,I laid it amongst my stash,not noticing that I'd left the lid off the Momento ink pad. Aaaaahhhh! don't you just hate it when you've spent time on something and do this! Anyway,I managed to rescue this,see if you can spot the splodge of ink amongst the scrummie holly branches. I then used distress inks around the edges. Going back to the front of the card,I thought I'd add a sprig of holly there too,the sentiment is part of the same set.

I'm going to use this card for the following challenges:-
2 Sisters 13,Christmas,
C4C63,Christmas,
Elephantastic 18,Christmas,
Wild Orchid 9,Classic Christmas,
This week's Scrapbook Sister's card challenge is Christmas colours if you fancy giving it a go.
I've several more cards made with the same set of stamps which I'll show you over the next few days or so.
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x

8 comments:

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

so adorable, great coloring...have a fabulous weekend!

enjoy *~*

Louise said...

Can you say ****CUTE****! This is just so sweet Julie. I can't wait to see what else you come up with.

Pops x said...

Gorgeous creation love the image big hugs love Pops x

Jill said...

Aww this is such a sweet card, I really love the dotty scallop circle! Thanks for playing along at Ellephantastic this week and hope to see you again. Jill

Maria Matter said...

super cute Julie! gorgeous coloring hun!
hugs & blessings!

Nancy said...

So cute - and LOTS of colorin...you have more patience than I. Love that snap of red scallop - gives it a perfect pop. And that cute little sprig of holly on the front - wonderful finishing touch! Later my friend.

Vanja said...

Beautfiul cards! Fabulous colouring.
Thank you for joining us at Ellephantastic challenges. :)

hugs, Vanja

Ellephantastic Cards and Crafts said...

What a lovely card thank you for playing along with Ellephantastic. Best of luck. Hugs x