Evening, it's me again. Wasn't sure if I was going to share this or not but it contains a couple of firsts for me so if I didn't share it, you wouldn't know if I ever get any better with practice lol!
It's the first time that I've used white embossing powder, or sea foam white to be prezact lol! , I've been meaning to open the pot for ages but kept forgetting, then yesterday I saw the lovely Eileen's card boy oh boy is this lady talented! Anyway, when I saw the LIM theme this week, I came up with this idea. The other first for me was using masking fluid, I stamped, embossed and coloured my butterfly, painted masking fluid over it so that my colouring would be safe when I sponged distress inks over the area. I then used the negative of my die cut to ink the centre of my flower. I can tell you it's fun removing the dried fluid to reveal the butterfly again, if you've never used it before, check this out, this lady is the queen of masking fluid!
I'm using this card for the following challenge:-
LIM128, One layer shaped card.
I do wish that I'd thought to add some shadowing around the wings to help "pop" the butterfly from the flower, oh well, maybe next time!
Thanks for stopping by,