Friday 20 August 2010

Colour Yourself Happy

Strange title today but that is exactly what I did last night. I got out a favourite male stamp and my Copics and remembered why I got into making cards in the first place. I think I'd lost that somewhere trying to do too many challenges as I wanted to improve my blog rating. Anyway,I'm going to give myself a break and do what I like to do,just make cards and if there are any challenges that happen to fit in,all well and good.





I love this stamp,yes it's another by Marij Rahder,set Suzy 6,maybe I should set myself a challenge and make more cards showing you the remaining stamps in the same set,they really were value for money and there are still several that I haven't inked up yet.I did end up sort of following Mercy's sketch but used the motorbike to represent one of the sections and instead of adding a circle layer I cut an aperture instead. I put mirri card on the inside of the card just cos I liked it.The tag I found in my stash.



Stamps R Us Challenge 2,All Male.
MTSC 87,sketch.
Sweet Stamping Challenge 39,use your favourite stamp.
That's me for today,my daughter has a kite that wants flying,a trip to the park has been promised.Sorry I can't help myself,need to share a funny thing from yesterday first. Yesterday afternoon my daughter and I had a few minutes to spare before picking up my son so we stopped by the park where we saw the funniest thing,there in the middle of the field was a mature man,smartly dressed in collar and tie as if he'd stopped off on route from the office. He proceded to spend half an hour laying out a huge canopy kite from time to time on his mobile,it was so amusing to watch as he kept attempting to fly it.Every so often he sucedded to get the kite to take off but then had to spend ages laying it out again with one hand,mobile phone in the other.If only he'd had a child with him or was dressed casually it wouldn't have looked so funny,but then a younger man arrived (not with him) who also had a kite,his took off at first attempt. It doesn't seem funny now I've written it down a case of "you had to be there" but we were in stitches.
Looks like good kite flying weather today so maybe we'll see them today,
Thanks for stopping by my happier than yesterday blog,Have a great day
Julie.x

9 comments:

gayle said...

Great card Julie. Love the images from these sets. Something for everyone. x

Sue U said...

I love this card Julie, he's lovely! I'm using the challenges as inspiration when my I can't think what to do, rather than doing them for the sake of it (if that makes sense), or if something fits, then that's OK if not then hey ho! See you soon xx

Laura said...

What a adorable card.I love that image.SOOO cute.Thanks for joining us at stamps r us.

pink lady said...

What a lovely card Julie, your colouring is fantastic x

Tara said...

This is such a cool male card Julie.... I do agree that you should just enjoy card making and that's why I stepped down from being on too many challenge teams a while back.... it crushes your mojo! Just keep doing what you do!!
Hugs Tara xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

I know what you mean about trying to meet a challenge all the time. Sometimes you just need to be you! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Karen Howard said...

What an awesome masculine card! Absolutely fabulous!

P.S. If you love challenges you are sure to love my new blog:
www.felineplayful.blogspot.com

Hugs, Karen

Nancy in Iowa said...

What a great story. Both of them - getting back to the root of why we make cards and the kite story. The man in the suit trying to juggle a kite, his mobile, and his inner child - what a delightful sight.
Sometimes I feel like you and the business suit man...torn between doing what I love (simply making cards) and the 'challenge' of challenges..deadlines, posting 'in time'...
Have a fabulous week and thanks for stopping by my blog. Your comments made my day.

Louise F NZ said...

This is awesome Julie, love the image and the star paper is so cute.