Monday 16 August 2010

Daughters,You've Got To Love Em!

"Mum,can you make me a card? " came the plea at 1 o'clock this afternoon,"I'm not going out till 3!" So not needing an excuse to craft I set about making this card,I even liberated some of the Basic Grey chip board numbers that I usually only use as templates,didn't have time to let glaze dry so instead spread them with a thin layer of stickles once I had covered them.


I've taken a couple of photo's so hopefully it shows how lovely and sparkly they turned out. I also added some of the lovely papermania self adhesive flat back gems,there wasn't enough of one colour or size to make each scallop the same but they do say variety is the spice of life.They are so lovely that I just can't resist them.I decided to make the centre in a tag style,raising it on foam tape and adding some ribbon.

I was even able to fulfill the requirements of a couple of challenges with it.
The Crafty Pad challenge 84,Glitz and Glitter,
Die Cut Dreams Challenge 61,Use a tag,No stamping,
I even managed to make another card for her to give her friend from us in time.
My daughter ended up not going out till 4pm. and guess what,she left the cards on the worktop
even though I reminded her as she put her boots on,I should have known better and placed them in her hand lol!
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x


11 comments:

Sue U said...

LOL, aaaahhh, kids! Don't ya just love 'em!! Fab card (even with no time to do it in!) TFS Sue xx

gayle said...

I second that Sue. You did a great job Julie despite limited time. X

Unknown said...

What a cute little card you have whipped up for you daughter.. Boy is she lucky to have you!

Hugs, Linda

Mummylade said...

really nice! I love all the gems. So glad you joined the DCD challenge this week and good luck! You might wanna consider turning word verification off to make commenting easier.

Meahni Pieterse said...

well done, I would never have managed in such a short time! and it would not have turned out nice like yours at all...

Mina said...

kids you gotta love them havent you lol...dont you just love it when someone asks you to just knock up a card, havent a clue have they...you managed it perfectly...great 18th card Julie
Mina xxx

Tracy said...

Fab Entry, thanks for joining Die Cut Dreams challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Pamela said...

Great tag, thank you for joining us at DCD this week.

Pamela x

Nicola said...

Fabulous tag Julie and perfect for any 18 year old, sure our daughters think we have all the time in the world.
Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Dreams.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

please consider turning off word verification

Timi said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us in PFOP Challenge #4 Timixx

Nancy in Iowa said...

How sweet that you daughter requested a card. She must appreciate your talents. My daughter automatically gets any cards I make that have cupcakes. She requested a cupcake series. She has a 'thing' for cupcakes. I love that she likes the cards enough to request them.