Monday 23 August 2010

On The Bottle.

I thought I'd share with you today the card that I've made for a friend's birthday, his favourite tipple is Rioja, this is the closest I could find to it. I have no idea who the stamp is by,I swapped some images with a friend at Scrapbooksister's last crop,there's another taking place on the 18th September,it's such a great way to spend a Saturday,I'm really looking forward to it.



The image was stamped onto white card which I distressed using Tim Holtz Antique linen. I used Copics to colour the image but I really feel I could do with more practice as I'm not entirely happy with it. I used 3d glaze on the wine glass,I love the look it's given,sets it apart from the bottle.The greeting is stamped using Woodware's Jane's script.
I found a sketch to follow, the image was rather large and it was tempting to just matt it but I wanted something a bit more interesting,

Create 4 Fun Challenge 34,Birthday,
Creative Inspirations Challenge 74,Wednesday Sketch,was perfect for it.
I'm also entering the following challenge,
Character Cafe,Friday Feature 29,Dimensional Glaze.
I hope you have a nice week planned,for me it's the last full week before I return to work and the children go back to school and college,I intend to make the most of it.
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x

7 comments:

Di said...

Lovely card Julie. I've got this stamp ( by Stamps Happen) and i don't use it very often as it's not the easiest to colour.You've done a great job and the glaze is a great finishing touch. Di.x

gayle said...

Lovely card Julie. I also have this stamp and had completely forgotten about it. Thanks for reminding me. x

Aunty Sue said...

Great use of the sketch and thanks for joining us at creative inspiration

Sue U said...

Great colouring, I think the colouring looks fab and the glaze on the glass is a great touch Sue xx

Mina said...

wow what a fabulous image...it would be great for a card for my Sister....beautifully coloured Julie
Mina xxx

Fink said...

I love how you made the wine look so real in the glass! Thanks for joining us at The Character Cafe!

Kendra said...

Neat card! That's a pretty cool image. I know a few people who would love it too! Thanks for joining us at TCC this week :)