Sunday 15 August 2010

Sunday Quickie

HAPPY SUNDAY!!!!
Sorry that I've been neglecting everybody,I've been relying on some scheduled posts as I've been away for a few days. Now that I'm back I'll try to get around to visiting all of my lovely blogging buddies and pick up on a few challenges,thanks to everyone whose still be dropping by. I can't believe how two weeks without any challenges has affected my Crafty Blog rating,I was rather disappointed to see that it's now 460 when I was just over 200 before I went away :( Still now that I'm back I'm going to be get cracking entering as many as I can.



This challenge was perfect for a Sunday Quickie,a technique that I've never heard of before called Spotlighting,Challenge 12 at Tuesday Throwdown, you just highlight an area of the card that you want to emphasise. in the case of this card it was the Forget-me-knots that the bear is watering. I then just added some flat backed self adhesive gems and a peel off greeting,in fact it was several words that I doctored with a craft knife to make it say Forget-me-knot. I couldn't make up my mind whether to make a play on words and spell it not instead.
Thanks for dropping by,I'm off to catch up with some birthday cards I need for this week and hopefully do a few challenges at the same time.
Catch you later,
Julie.x

5 comments:

Sue U said...

Awww what a cute image! I saw this challenge and hadn't heard of spotlighting either, so glad I'm not alone in that :-) Lovely card Sue xx

Di said...

Great card. I bought some of these clear domes in a sale a while ago,now i know what to do with them. Di.xx

Unknown said...

This is so cute.. TFS

Hugs, Linda

Sue U said...

Hi Julie To answer your question about my blog candy, just a little bit of teal, somewhere, can be loads, can be a little, up to you, completely free reign :-)

gayle said...

Lovely card Julie. I love the touch of the clear dome. x