Wednesday 27 October 2010

Challenge 8 at Scrapbook Sisters

The theme for this week's card challenge at Scrapbook Sisters is "Tic Tock"

So I thought,tic tock,clock,time... follow my train of thought?
What a good excuse to ink up MFT's Time for the Bubbly. This is the first time I've felt brave enough to colour this image,I've played at colouring it in the past but that was before I had copics I have paper pieced the image before but to be honest,it took me so long I vowed I'd never do it again. I did resort to using mirri card for the mirror but surely that's the best way to go.


I shaped the bottles and glass and mounted them using foam pads as well as the main image then added 3 flat backed gems to the corner of the card.

I used some 3d glaze on the bubbles and a touch of stickles.I've not tired of using the cricut yet so used it to cut the large scalloped border in both pink and white, adding a strip of white ribbon to the top.
Now it's your turn,there's lots of ways to interpret the theme,just let your imagination go wild!
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x

9 comments:

Annika said...

I am now shamefully jealous of your Cricut - those big scallops are just gorgeous! Mirri card for mirror - OF COURSE it's fab! And I think I need that stamp set now.
Sigh.
Hugs
Annika

maddy hill said...

hehee love the card ! i could just slip into a bubble bath and relax!

love
maddy x

gayle said...

Love your interpretation of this challenge Julie. Very girly and beautifully coloured. x

Sue U said...

oooh, great take on the challenge!!! Great image (jealous of legs that look like that though!!) and perfect for a girly birthay Sue xx

Louise F NZ said...

Beautiful card Julie, love all the pink and your colouring is FAB!

brenda said...

Hi Julie

Fabulous card. And a real pang of guilt at this end, I used to make scallops on my Expression so often and since MS punches it really had been sidelined.

B x

Di said...

Always wanted this stamp, now i want it even more,lol. you've done it proud, lovely colours and love the way you've placed the bottles and glass on top of the greeting.This is going on my christmas wish list. Di.xx

Mina said...

now why on earth havent you used this stunning stamp Julie, you coloured it just perfectly and the mirra board for the mirror is a brilliant idea
Mina xxx

Jeannie said...

Love the card Julie - looks fab!