Sunday 24 October 2010

Cricut On A Sunday!

Haven't had a lot of time to play with my birthday present much this week so when I found myself with a little time to spare today I plugged it in and thought I'd see what I could do. I love using frames on my cards and was over the moon to discover that I can now make them whatever size I want instead of having to rely on my Sizzix dies,BRILLIANT!!!!
I even managed to "fake" the out of the box nestie cut by marking where the frame met the legs and then cutting up to the mark and slipping them through the frame leaving the rest of the image within the frame. How great is this Digi stamp,another by Gayle Bond,there's several of these girls in her collection and they make a change from my usual style of image.

I used distress ink to stamp the filigree swirly leaves onto the card blank before using inks to distress the edges. The leaves are part of the Flowers and Fauna clear stamps also by Gayle who designs exclusively for Scrapbook Sisters. The greeting is by Studio G.and the papers are remnants of Basic Grey I believe.

I coloured the image using Copics,


and added a few if these lovely flat backed gems from my stash.

I'm going to use this card for a few challenge:-
ASC28,Distressed,
I Did It Creations 26,Surprise me,
Crafty Hos',Photo inspiration,
2Sisters 10,Anything goes,
Fairy Knowll.Autumn,
Stamp Something,Use a digi.
Tuesday Throwdown 22,Anything goes.
I thought I'd show you something else that I made using the Cricut,I can't believe how easy it all is. My plea to you if you have one that's gathering dust is get it out and have a play with it. I for one am delighted to finally be able to make the right size envelope to fit a Nestie card without
any hassle at all. Don't they look fab!

Thanks for stopping by and remember,there's still plenty of time to make a pet themed card for this week's challenge at Scrapbook Sister.
Hope you've had a great weekend,
Julie.x
p.s. Thankyou for all the birthday wishes that I recieved over the last week,I had a lovely day on Friday and was given some amazing hand made cards which I will share with you soon.Jx






22 comments:

gayle said...

I love the colours you have used on this card Julie and she sits in the frame beautifully. You are loving your new toy. Glad you like the digi images. Good luck in the challenges and belated birthday wishes for Friday. x

Debbie said...

Very cool image ... congrats on your Cricut!! thanks for joining us this week in the Tea Room :)

Mary said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along at 2 Sisters Challenges.

Sue U said...

Lovely colours, great card and love how you have coloured the image. Glad you are enjoying playing with your new toy :-)

Sue xx

Clare said...

Brilliant card! thanks for joining us this week at the Shabby Tea Room!

Mina said...

wow what a gorgeous image and the background papers are perfect for her Julie
Mina xxx

Georgia said...

Great card. Love the image and the way she sits in the square. Thanks for joining us at Fairy knolls

Ellibelle said...

Beautiful card! Love the image and how you placed it. Gorgeous envelopes too! Too bad I don't own a cricut, would love to make some envelopes!
Thanks so much for playing along at stamp something!!

Claire said...

Gorgeous card, I really love that image and your frame is perfect for her!! Thanks for joining us at Fairy Knoll and good luck
Claire xx

Jeannie said...

I really love this card Julie, love how you have used the frame and happy belated Birthday too!!!

Annika said...

Wow, that Cricut really is a cool tool!! Wish I could get one as well!!
Love the frame effect and your colouring is just pure amazing!!!
Hugs
Annika
PS. Sorry I've been a bad blogger lately, it's been a full blown hospital here for weeks with kids on/off sick and now I'm properly ill as well. Oh joy.

Tara said...

Thank you so much for joining in with our latest challenge over at Basic Grey Julie.... your card is just gorgeous!
Hugs Tara xxx

Wishcraft said...

Fab card - love the image and great colours :o) Lisa x

Unknown said...

Another wonderful creation my friend. That image is wonderful. And as alway your coloring is perfect..

Hugs, Linda

Jeanette said...

So very beautiful. Have fun with that Cricut. Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations.

Gem said...

a gorgeous card Julie, she looks great all wrapped up warm! Thanks for taking the time to join in this weeks challenge at I Did It Creations! Gemma :)

pickle said...

Beautiful creations..SOunds like your are loving your new toy..enjoy xx

HappyCrafter said...

This is lovely. Great job with the distressing. So glad you could play along with us at Sentimental Sundays.

Shelley said...

This card is gorgeous, love the colours. Thanks for joining in this weeks Fairy Knoll Challenge. Hugs Shelley xx

Rae Anne said...

Super-duper-pooper-scooper cool!!! I love the way your girly-girl image is sitting in/on the frame! Thanks so much for working the corner with The Crafty Hos! :D MWAH!

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Fabulous - thanks for joining us at IDIC this week
Hugs,
Debbie x

Tammy Miller said...

Wow what a great project, the colors and the sketch are awesome! Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Hos challenge blog.