Saturday 16 October 2010

I'm A Lucky Girlie!

I want to tell you a story!
It's my birthday next week and yesterday,whilst I was out,my son took in a delivery and left it in the hallway. When I returned I was horrified and gobsmacked. Now anyone who knows me knows that I dislike with a vengeance all things technical,Im scared I'm going to break it,I don't like instruction manuals,if something isn't simple I just won't contemplate it. On the other hand,my husband loves technical things,doesn't read instructions but plays around till he's learnt exactly how things work.
(Next Chapter)
My Husband doesn't lay in,not even at weekends,when he wakes early he goes down stairs and station hops. The other day I came down to find him mesmerised by a craft channel,I'm sure it was a mistake as he doesn't "get" crafting " Have you seen these,they look so good"
My answer"I wouldn't be able to use it,it looks far too technical,would be a waste of money!"

Glad he didn't listen,how wrong was I! Now I know it's still a week till the day but I was told I might as well have it seeing as how I know what I've got! I didn't think I'd get time to post today,all I want to do now that I've put the washing on is play again. Here is the quickest of creations using my lovely,lovely new toy. I cut the large tag,distressed it and stamped the greeting all over before adding the other items. I stamped the words on rough paper first each time so that the words look slightly faded.


I placed the tag onto my folded card blank and trimmed off the edges to match the cut tag,I love the shadow of the letters. I can't believe how easy it was,I only watched a few minutes of the instruction DVD and just experimented from then on. I do think I'm going to have to curb my experimenting a bit as I'm in fear of being lost under a pile of off-cuts lol!

I'm using this card for the following challenges:-
Crafty Emma Challenge 8,Male birthday card,
FFF,Challenge 37,Tickets or tags,
DDCC88,Tagalicious,
SISC31,Live free and die cut,(can I count cricut as a die cut do you think????),
FTTC88,Ink the edges,
Cards for Men 21,Happy Birthday,
Cricut Cards 46,Anything goes,
Thanks for Stopping by,I'm off to play again,
Julie.x




28 comments:

Nancy in Iowa said...

You got a cricut! What a aaaaahhhhhhhwwwwwsome gift! I'm with you on the technical learning curve. I feel my eyes start to glaze over and can actually feel a flat line on my imaginary brain wave scan.
Keep us posted on your progres...
Happy BIRTHDAY!

Jessica L said...

Happy birthday! What a wonderful gift! And you've done a gorgeous job with it already! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at The Hodge Podge Shop. Hope you see you again next week!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! You are definitely lucky! Love your creation. Thanks for playing with us at the Hodge Podge Shop!
Shelley

Wendy said...

I think the Cricut definately counts! They are a lot of fun. You did a wonderful job for your first go round! Enjoy it and happy birthday!! Thanks for joing us this week at StampInsanity! :)

Anita Rex said...

What a great birthday gift! Good thing your hubby didn't listen! Thanks for joining us this week at Wee Memories!

Joanna said...

this is awesome! looks like you are having fun with your bug! :) thanks for playing with us at CCC!

Sue U said...

Hope you have a fantastic birthday!! Lucky thing you - enjoy playing with your super duper new toy Sue xx

Annika said...

Whoa, maybe I should get my hubby to watch a craft channel once in a while, lol
Congrats, girl, what a great toy!!
Hugs
Annika

CraftyC said...

What a great gift Julie. Lucky you. Mines been collecting dust for months LOL. Thanks for playing along the CES Challenge this week!
Clairex

gina g said...

Fabulous creation Julie and what a fabulous gift, Happy Birthday for next week hun and thank you for letting me know about the Scrapbook sisters blog...the only problem now being that i'm going back now to order some of their brilliant digis too lol, my poor bank balance. luv gina xx

Linda said...

Wow what a gorgeous creation. Thanks for joining us at the Hodge Podge Shop.
hugs Linda

Barb Smith said...

Great tag made from your great present. Thanks for joining us at for this challenge.

Barb from Toronto, Canada
CCC Design Team #2

Carol Hurlock said...

Happy Birthday and congratulations on your new toy. I hope you have many happy years experimenting and playing with it!!! Cute little project you made with it too!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment. Oh by the way, my Birthday is next week too!!!

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}

CarlaKH said...

What a great tag card! Love it! And belated birthday wishes to you! Thanks for joining us at Fairy Fun Fridays!

Jayne said...

Hey Julie, thanks for visiting my blog and the tip for Scrapbook Sisters....I've entered my card! I'm loving your cards and stuff and 'Happy New Cricut'!

Dawn said...

Thanks for joing us this week at StampInsanity! The Cricut totally counts and you did a great job with this challenge... hope to see ya next week!

Vicky said...

This is fabbalicious I have a craft robo & I'm really guilty of neglect, I have used it once & that was just to have a play I've still not made anything from it........but now I've seen this I may have to have a play now lol. Excellent work, its awesome
Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges

Hugs Vicky xx

Melissa said...

This is so nice, thanks so much for joining with us at CCC.

Kelly Schelske said...

Happy Birthday!! Thanks for playing along with us at DDCC, great tag!

Hugs, Kelly

Fae said...

Hope you had a lovely birthday Julie and what a fabulous gift. Thank you for joining in with the Hodge Podge challenge this week. Fabulous card. Hugs, Fae

N2ScrapN4Fun said...

Nice tag card. Have a great birthday.

Thanks for joining us @ CCC.

Beth said...

FABULOUS! You rocked that Cricut! :) Great job! Thanks so much for sharing with us at StampInsanity!

Michelle Singer said...

What an awesome take on the challenge. Love the tag. I'm so glad you entered it in the challenge. Thank you so much. I hope to see you again at the next Dutch Dare Card Challenge.
Hugz,
Michelle

Rosalien Zwackhalen said...

The Cricut will do :)), congrats with your birthday and this super gift.;) Thanks for joining SISC.

Hugs, Rosalien

Nannieflash said...

This is a really lovely idea for a 17 year old, and youve done a brilliant job of it. Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men, good luck with the Challenge. With hugs Shirleyxx

Milliesmarvels said...

Lucky you! I am v jealous! Fab card! Thanks for joining us for this week's CES challenge!
Jane
x

Ann said...

What a fab tag card--perfect for a guy! Thanks for playing the WMC this week!

Kym Weber said...

Terrific job on your tag card! Absolutely love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Cards For Men. Hope you’ll be joining us for the next challenge.

~Hugs~Kym