Friday 29 October 2010

Must Try Harder!

I so wanted to make an amazing card today,I should have started crafting first thing but you know what it's like,there's always something that needs doing ,the boring mundane necessary things. Crafting got put on the back burner,till late afternoon when I got out my stash. Why did I bother......thought I'd show you anyway,but this is definitely not what I had in mind.

I cut out all of the squares and the little flowers using the Cricut,inked the edges and mounted them onto a square of white card,now this was going to go onto the front of a rectangular card with a neat scalloped edge at the bottom,but no mater what I did it just wasn't going to look like the picture I had in my head. The square aperture was a final result,it's ok but I didn't want ok today,I wanted FABULOUS!!!! I added some prima flowers to the front along with some sizzix cut leaves and used some of the tiny papermania buttons on each of the little flowers.Even the photo didn't come out right,there's stickles between each of the squares and the Prima flower is nearer to the shade of the paper than it looks here,it's just not my day lol!
I'm hoping I can find some challenges for it,

Paper Pretties,Square card,
Simon Says,Punch em,
A Spoon Full Of Sugar 127,Let's get punchy,
Lexi's Creations 25,Birthday,
Found 4,that's not so bad,something else I feel I must share with you,whilst rummaging through my paper drawer,I fond the piece of paper that I'd "put safe" for this weeks challenge at Scrapbook Sisters,as this weeks challenge is "Tic Tock" it would have been perfect as it's got clock faces all over it. Any body fancy entering the challenge,I might be able to get it through the post in time for you to use it in a card,lol!
Thanks for stopping by,I'll try harder tomorrow,
Julie.x

4 comments:

brenda said...

Don;t be so tough on yourself Julie, it looks good to me and beautiful colours.

B x

Mina said...

I hate to disagree with you Julie...its a defo fabulous card, really clever too...dont be so hard on yourself girl...its a lush card
Mina xxx

Marlene said...

What's wrong with it?! It's beautiful!

Jane said...

This is gorgeous! fabulous design! thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp! hugs, Jane xxx