So I measured up the original front cover but only up to the spiral and then cut some thick card one eighth of an inch wider, then using a scalloped nestability die I removed a small segment from the top middle section,This is the inside of the cover. I then cut another front in green bazil and punched a hole at each top corner to thread ribbon through. At this point I wish that I'd thought to add some eyelets but I didn't think about this until I'd already put the front together.
Once the front was decorated I threaded some ribbon across the front passing the ends through and leaving them long enough to thread through the spiral and tie with a bow. To assemble the cover I used some strong narrow double sided tape close to the edge of the three sides leaving the scalloped cut edge open. I trimmed the original cover down slightly by about 1 cm on each of the three edges then slid it into the new cover. The ribbon was then passed through the spiral and pulled out to the front near the middle passing it over the middle wire and tying it with a bow.
Simon Says,Anything but a card,
Craft Your Passion 44,Anything goes,
Kaboodles Doodles 53,Use ribbon,
KBCute Monday Challenge 2,Inspired by a book,(Well it was a note book that started this)
Thanks for stopping by,