Monday 21 February 2011

Flutter By

Happy Monday everyone! It's half term break here where I live so a week off work has to be good :)
I've had this card in mind since I chose the lovely Meljen Designs Fancy Butterfly as part of my winner choice of Digis.(Does that make sense?)

I just loved playing around with the image to achieve the background paper,I just added a touch of colour with the Copics,layering up with a selection of papers from a Dovecraft 6x6 paperpack.

I decoupaged the butterfly for the focal image and added stickles to the edges of the wings.

The black rose was made using off cuts from when I had an evening dress shortened,this is so easy to do,I've fancied giving it a try ever since a fellow Southern Girls DT member Patricia made one in the "Use heat" Challenge a few weeks back,there's a link to a tutorial on her blog.

I added a few gems and pearls to the front of the card and on the inside I added a layered panel of the printed image so that the bottom printed image shows through the top layer like a water mark,I hope you can get the idea of what I mean from the photo.

I'm using this card for the following challenges:-
StampsRus 15,For the girls,
Guylous 1,Anything goes,
TTT,Show us what you got,
Crafts And Me,Spread your wings,
DDCC100 Glitter and bling,
Allsorts 91,Inspired by nature,
Wee Memories 44,Oh my crafts (My inspiration was simply the Meljen image)
Delicious Doodles 13,Glitz, Shimmer,Bling,
Pollycraft 81,Diamonds and pearls.
Now I made this card this morning,I particularly wanted to enter this week's challenge over at Meljens,I love to be able to use the challenge blogs images whenever I can. I took photo's of the card,wrote it and popped in the post for a birthday on Wednesday,then this evening when I wrote my post and started to link to the challenge blogs I realised that although the card was for a birthday I'd omitted to put a greeting on the card and that was the challenge stipulation. AAAAghhhhh!!!!!!! don't you just hate it when that happens!!!! Oh well,I suppose I could always make another card for next weeks challenge,I've still two more new images to christen.
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x

21 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! Thank you for playing The KB Challenge :)

Dorcas said...

Awwww Julie! This is so pretty!

Patricia Mae said...

Very pretty I love the colors and all the butterflies, and thanks for the link. Good luck on your challenges.
~Patricia

Runnergirl Creations said...

Beautiful! You have inspired me! I also like the inside of your card! :) Blessings!

Unknown said...

Such a pretty butterfly.. And a beautiful card he is sitting on.. Well I am glad you shared it with us even though you miss the challenge..

Hugs, Linda

Chrysalis said...

What a stunning card - the flower is beautiful. Thanks for sharing x

Teri said...

Awesome hun! Love all the glitz you added.
Thank you so much for playing our Delicious Doodles Challenge this week, and good luck!
Hugs,
Teri x

Marilyn Webb said...

Wow, simply stunning, love the blacks and pinks! What an amazing flower. Thanks for joining us this week at Stamps R Us.
hugs Marilyn

Unknown said...

oooh...the black and pink truly is wonderful on this project. Thanks so much for sharing your project with us this week at Shelly's Images. :)

Unknown said...

Lots of pretty details. Thanks for playing at Wee Memories this week!

Two Dogs and a Book said...

Beautiful Card! Thanks for participating in our challenge at Guylou's!
Cheers!
Guylou

Gina K said...

Love the bling and layering! I am also very much liking this color combo! Thanks for playing along at Guylou's Inimitability!

Leanne said...

Nice card, love the image and the colors! Thanks for playing with us this week at 4 Crafty Chicks!

Stephanie said...

Wow! This is stunning! What a beautiful butterfly. Thanks for sharing with us at Shelly's Images.

Fleur said...

Gorgeous, pretty card, Thanks for joining my nature challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

Unknown said...

Julie this is sooo pretty! What a gorgeous butterfly. I love everything about this card.
Alicia xx

Lori Turner said...

Very pretty card! I love the butterfly, papers and that rose is gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

Tamie said...

The butterfly, papers and flower just makes a really stunning card. They work so perfect with the layout you used. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Dianna said...

Beautiful card, Julie!!!

~ Dianna
DT Member @ Meljen's Designs

Cheryl said...

This is a gorgeous card! The pink, black & white color combo is always so classy.

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE your stamped background and the dimension on your main panel! Thank you so much for playing along, this week, in Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge!