Saturday 3 September 2011

Ribbon Coming Out Of My Ears!

Ok,come on, tell me your secrets......How do you store your ribbons? I thought I'd got a great solution, bought lots of large jars and hoped they'd look amazing filled with them, I can see the future lol! lots of knotted ribbons!  Anyone got any great ideas??? and what can I do with all these jars? Any advice gratefully received.
So by now you've probably guessed, I've still not got any crafting done so will share another layout that I did a while back. I took this photo trying to get the amazing waterfall in as there are lots of statues of divers within it, somehow I only captured the one so had to get a bit clever with cropping my photo,not sure it's worked but hey ho! 

I'm using this layout for the following challenges:-
FWSAM 91,Punches,anything goes,
TPC82,Not a card.
Look forward to hearing your storage solutions,
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x
Julie.x



9 comments:

Amanda R said...

Julie, I have tried multiple ways to store my ribbons, on spools, on clips yadda yadda yadda. You know what works for me? I put similar colors in a ziploc bag and just smush it flat to store it! I haven't had a problem with tangles, I can easily see what I have, cheap solution and stores easily. Not as pretty as jars but it works for me!

Lisa Jane said...

i just throw em all in a drawer !! I have tried winding them round cardboard .. but as soon as i want some it all comes loose .. so i gave up!
So sorry i am not much use .. i suggest putting sweeties in the jars lol.. oops that wont help our diets !
Love the layout and the film strip look
Lisa x

Jenn Borjeson said...

This is so pretty! Thank you for entering our Anything But a Card challenge at Just Some Lines! :)

Jennifer Scull said...

well I have a bunch just piled up on my craft table right now, others in huge bins stacked, and more in a huge gutter tray that hangs across my wall. and still more boxes and bags of ribbon..... does that stop me from buying more? nope.... so I am the LAST person to give anyone advice on storing it. giggles!
great layout btw....
thanks so much for joining our die cuts/punches challenge at Jellypark Friends. :)

Pami said...

All my ribbons are just thrown in a drawer, I really need to do something with mine as well cos I just can't find anything!! Let me know what you end up doing!! Great layout page honey! Pami x

Sue U said...

Lovely LO Julie! At the risk of sounding like I have OCD all my ribbons are sorted, according to width into plastic divided containers, and each one is rolled so it doesn't get creased... it works for me because I can see what I have got, in which colour and I just get the one I want out then roll it back up and put it back in the box... hmmm OK, maybe just a little OCD then :-D

Sue xx

Tracey said...

Wonderful LO Julie, I love that photo :)
Thanks for joining us at Jellypark Friends & Good Luck.
Hugs
Tracey
x

Unknown said...

Such a wonderful LO.. I have to say I have a real ribbon problem.. I have a whole drawer full, About a month ago I tried to organize it.. But it's already looking a mess again..

Hugs, Linda

Stressed Stamper said...

Fab page - ribbons kept in a box - throw them on the bed - rife through and then put them back.......
Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week - Good Luck
Sarah x