Monday 13 February 2012

My First "Lavinia"

I did warn you yesterday that I'd made a second entry for the LIM challenge this week. I used the same technique to achieve my stripes as here as I did for my striped candle's yesterday. I'm afraid that there will be no crafty scrumminess going in the post as no one guessed correctly.

This is what I used to get my stripes, my new Memory Box wrought iron fence die.
I just placed it onto my card using post it notes to mask the other areas then used a brush to stipple on the colour, easy as that! for this card I then inked up my Lavinia stamp and stamped it twice,creating a paler image with the second placing.
Don't forget that the Ladybugs have a big day planned tomorrow, I hope you all come and join in the fun. We'd love it if you could add our poster to your side bar so that as many crafters as possible join in!

I'm using my card for
Week 54LIM,One layer and stripes.
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x

14 comments:

Chrissie said...

I just love it when people are inventive with their stash! Great idea for your stripes Julie!
This is a super duper card too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Elaine said...

Great stripes!!

Scrapmate said...

Nice card.

Di said...

Great card - and what a clever way to create your stripes! Di xx

Kim Dellow said...

Beautiful card Julie, love your stamping. Kim

Pami said...

Gorgeous card Julie, love this style and great use of the die! Pami x

Angelnorth said...

Lovely card - perfect placement of the grasses image!

Kathyk said...

Simply super card in a simply FABULOUS colour. I never cease to be amazed at how inventive my fellow LIM-ettes get like you with your mask

Kathyk

Beryl K said...

Lovely card
Beryl x

Unknown said...

Well isn't that clever how you got those stripes. Your card is beautiful..

Hugs, Linda

coops said...

gorgeous card julie.really beautiful stamp :D

xx coops xx

lainey said...

very clever Julie :) lainey x

Mandi said...

How inventive! That was pretty tricky to get even
Superb card, love it all
Thank you
mandi
"Less is More!

Vicky said...

What a clever idea! love both your cards. :)