Wednesday 9 May 2012

Off Centre.

I love the theme for this week's challenge at Scrapbook Sisters, "Off Centre", it gives you something a bit different to think about. I do have to apologise that it's another card with a number on and I won't give out any prizes if you can guess the ages of at least two of my children as they keep asking me to do number cards for their friend's birthdays.
So on to my DT  card:- I  used a repositionable tape to place my paper on my card blank and then used an Xcut  star Die through the cuttlebug to cut an aperture from the card front. I removed the design paper then placed the larger of the nesting dies centrally over the original cut,inking the edges of all cuts before gluing the paper in place. This left a frame of cream card showing. (I hope this makes sense) I then cut my numbers  using the Cricut and Plantins Schoolbook,cutting a 1/4 inch larger in the black to give a funky look when the two layers were placed together using a little Pinflair gel.





I then added another star and button tied with hemp.





The back of the card has another die cut star for the greeting to be added along with some paper off cuts and some inky stitching. The inside of the card is layered so that the black shows through the aperture.




I've reached the conclusion that to cut down on the ever growing pile of off cuts and remnants that I'm going to start making tags as I go and enjoyed layering up a little collage of offcuts under a paper clip ( I did glue them down too!)
I also embossed the black base star.



I'm using the card for the following challenges:-
Crafty Card Makers 67, For the boys,
Creative Monday 7, Anything goes,
Pollycraft 138, Card and tag,
Tammy's Scrapin 9, Die cuts/punches,
Divas By Design 34, For boys,
Come And Get It, Masculine.

And the tag for:-

I am so looking forward to what everyone comes up with!
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x

17 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

I don;t tire of your number cards -i love them.. the stars are fabulous .. perfect for a teen
Lisa x

amanda stokes said...

Hi Julie,
This is fab!Love it! Great design :) x

Pia S said...

I have a thing for stars and clean designs, and I just love your cards! Clever use of stars, so suitable for a male card

Sassy Raggedy said...

Hi Julie, I love you card and great idea with the tags, I will have to do that also. Thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner this week and good luck in the drawing. DT Member Joann Sassy Raggedy

Sally said...

A super card for a teenager. I love the stripey papers & all the stars. Thanx for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.

Meggymay said...

A super card for a teenager. Thank you for joining us at CCM this time.
Yvonne

Unknown said...

Very Cute cute card.
I love this so much.

Thanks for Entering the Challenge
At Tammy's Scrapin Corner.
I hope to see you enter next week!!
Hugs Owner Tammy Ortiz

Vicky Hayes said...

Number cards are brilliant for all age groups so it's lovely to see all sorts of designs for them. This one is gorgeous with the number set over the aperture! I like your idea for using up snippets too - a matching tag is always lovely! Vicky x

Unknown said...

I never get tired of seeing your # cards.. I wish I could make them.. And your star tag is Cute.. Way to used up those scraps.

Hugs~

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

A great card for a teen..stylish! Thank you for sharing with us at the Craft Room "Emboss It" challenge this fortnight! Suzanne :)

Maria said...

This is really cool, and so striking! Perfect for a 16 yr old. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Craft-Room Challenge, and good luck in the draw.

Maria x

Judy McKay said...

Great "16" card. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get it Challenges this week.

Annette said...

Super card ....
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.

Annette xx

Vicki Romaine said...

A very nice tag..sharp and classic. Thanks for sharing at The Cheerful Stamp Pad.

Kim Bell said...

Very cute. So sweet. Thanks so for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner.
Hugz
Kim

Laura Bradley said...

This is fab Julie! Thanks for joining us at Divas. Laura x

Esther said...

Great idea for your scraps and fab tag..love the colours..Thanks so much for joining our Craft Room Challenge..Esther xx