Wednesday 27 May 2015

It's Written In The Stars,30!


I am really embarrassed to say that the recipient of this card had to collect it from the post office today.
I am slightly miffed as he had to pay the postage for it despite the fact that I put a large second class stamp on it. I posted it last Monday in plenty of time for the birthday on Thursday. I can't believe that it took over a week for the Post Office to bother contacting him, I am disgusted!


I used a stencil for the stars on my frame created on the ScanNcut. It doesn't show but I layered two different Washi tapes directly on top of one another, the different shades of green blended through the translucent tape achieving a pretty good colour match to the background paper. 




I'm using this card for the following challenges:-
Crafter's Cafe 118, For the boys,
Double Click, Father's Day or male,
Male Room 11, Washi tape,
Mod Squad, Masculine,
MMM, Kraft.

Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x


7 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great color combo! Love the distress look! Thanks for joining us over at the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge! DT Member Carri~Abusybee Skittles!

Deborah Frings said...

Fabulous birthday card, great colours. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

Joyce Erb said...

Such pretty colors and a very nice guy card. Thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

coops said...

so gorgeous julie.i love the large number and stars and the colours are stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Susan said...

Wonderful card Julie - I love the masculine touch - fab!!

I too get annoyed with Post Office - they then charge you for their time :0(

Taunya Butler said...

Julie - I like the corners and angles on your card - the big number 30 is so cool looking and the stars definitely give it a masculine touch!! Your colors are awesome and there is just so much texture and dimension!! Really fun card!!! So glad you joined us over at DoubleClick Skittles for the Father's Day/Man card challenge!!

Taunya Butler(daisiesgirl.com) Design Team

Beth F. said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the color scheme you used. Thank you for joining the DoubleClick Masculine Challenge!
Beth, GDT
Beth's Beauties