Saturday 2 May 2015

Pretty In Pink Or Feeling Blue?

Oh my, where did April go? I'm finding it hard to believe how quickly the weeks are racing by! 
Can you believe that it's time for a new challenge
 theme at Lavinia already.
May's theme is 
 or if you really can't choose between them, just go mad and use both! 
I'm only going to share two of my projects here for the moment but if you check back later you will see that I've a busy day planned!



Oh my goodness, I have some gorgeous new Lavinia stamps, if you look carefully at the background of my box you might just notice some text. This I have to say is my new favourite stamp, text is so versatile, and if you're considering treating yourself I'd say that this is a must have! It can be used for any occasion. Here I stamped it onto textured paper so although you can clearly see the text, I've made the hearts that are also on the stamp disappear into the background. I wanted the focal stamps to be the big feature if you know what I mean.



I've not done this sort of thing for for ages but I have to say that I really enjoyed covering this little sweet box, I've had it in the drawer for a while now, knowing that one day I'd work out what to do with it. I ended up filling it with some lovely glass beads that I'd bought for a gift.
(and forgotten to send, sorry Susan) 



It's obviously an "out of the ordinary" month for me, did you ever think that you'd see me using texture paste!
This was actually my practice offcut of card that I tried out my texture paste on, if you call back at 2pm you will see what I actually used it for, it also features some of
 Lavinia's finest stamps too!


I just love this honeysuckle too, simply stamped and a little colour added using my copics.


I'm entering the following challenges:-
SS219, Anything but a card,
MMM, Vintage,
Sister Act 104, Anything goes,
Allsorts 309, April Showers bring May flowers.


Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x

11 comments:

brenda said...

As always a super creations Julie and well done on cracking open the texture paste.

Hope you have a good holiday weekend.

B x

Zoe said...

Wow, Julie these are fantastic, I love the box it's so vintage and elegant but equally love your CAS card, very classy makes xx Zoe xx

Chris said...

These are totally fabulous Julie! Love the stamps...all of them! Your stamping is perfect such lovely techniques used in making these beauties, love the texture paste too! It's always such a treat to see what you come up with for this challenge!
Chris
x

Joan said...

Two beautiful makes - love the box and the card!! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday!

Karen said...

Gorgeous makes Julie. Kx

Unknown said...

So lovely!! as usual!! xx

Eileen said...

Julie .. your work is always so pretty, well designed and just lovely to see.
E xxx

Hellen Pearce said...

so gorgeous Julie - I absolutely love the honeysuckle one - soooo pretty! x

Susan said...

In real life it looks so much more gorgeous - thank you so much xx

Craftnut said...

Thanks for joining us at Allsorts Tracy x

Nancy in Iowa said...

Oh how I LOVE THIS! That wispy flower! I can feel it swaying in a light breeze!