Tuesday 14 July 2015

Is This Mixed Media?


Hi there, I've been a bit busy so haven't had time to post lately, thought it was about time I shared a card that I made a few weeks ago for my lovely Sister-in-law's special birthday. Something a bit different from my normal card style but oh how I enjoyed using paints, gesso, stamping and inking,adding some brushos and generally loosing myself .


I used a selection of Lavinia stamps, cutting the wings from a butterfly and adding them to my hand cut heart. I even used a doiley, I thought I was allergic to them lol, they've been sat in a box for ages. Have to say I was rather pleased with the results. Chapter 50 was cut from a damaged book that I've had in my craft drawer for ages, it's been a while since I snipped from the damaged pages. 



I'm using this card for the following challenges:-

Fantastic Tues., Anything goes with lace,
Papertake, Don't be square,
TT253 Tic,tac,toe, (stamp.twine,sequins),
DVC110, Distressing,
The Craft Place, Mixed media,
We Love to create, Mixed media.

Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x

3 comments:

Chris said...

Well Julie, it's certainly different to your usual style but it's equally gorgeous! Love the vibrant colours, fabulous design and texture, the 'chapter 50' is an inspired touch! Isn't it fun to get inky and messy :)
Chris
x

Brawny x said...

Wow fabulous card. Great design x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

LOVE this Julie! What a gorgeous inky creation. Love the lavendar with the green, gorgeous combo and fab stamps! Beautiful mixed media design. Hugs, Wends x