Sunday 29 August 2010

Not Mushroom On A Sunday.

I made one of these mushroom/toadstools a while ago and used it on a deco swap page and liked it so much I knew I wanted to do another some day.So when I saw a challenge for a different shaped card I thought it'd be a good excuse to make another.I think I can count this as different even though it's only an add on to a card.


The toadstool started off as 3 cream circles cut using my Cuttlebug and revolution nesting circles and 1 brown,by placing the die back over the die cuts I was able to remove sections of the circles giving nice clean lines. I used a brown sakura gel pen to roughly draw lines from the stalk area of the underside of the cap and used distress inks to give the appearance of dimension to the cream shapes. I shaped and added the stalk using a foam pad,I also shaped the "cap" and added a foam pad to the front middle edge and glue around the outside edge. My lovely Gorjuss girl is a little bird told me,which I stamped and coloured using copics,I then cut her out and sat her on top using another foam pad.
I'm going to use this for the following challenges:-
Wee Memories challenge 20,In the forest,
Allsort's week 67,From the garden or park,
Crafty Emma Challenge 1,Anything goes,
OCC colour challenge,
Mami Doodles Challenge 8,Be creative with card shape,
Stamp with Fun Challenge 73,Card for a girl,
Well,that's me for today,I hope you've had a good weekend,
thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x

If You've come here from Ikki's Cuttlebug Cupboard,you might also be interested in this Tutorial,also featured in the "Cupboard" hope you like it!.x

24 comments:

karen said...

I think this is a fantastic card Julie. Absolutely love the mushroom. xx

Sue U said...

Wow Julie!!! Incredible card, fab idea, and it looks amazing TFS Sue xx

gayle said...

Wow fantastic card Julie. Love the way you have done the mushroom. Very effective and different. X

vicky said...

Fab card Julie, great idea. Love it! xx

Michele Gross said...

Very very clever and cool! Love that toadstool to pieces!! So glad you joined us at Wee Memories :)

Anonymous said...

This is so cool! Such a fantastic card! Thanks for playing along with us at Wee Memories :)

Court said...

Fabulous card spawned from a fabulous idea. I love it! Thanks for playing this week at Wee Memories!

Lia said...

What a very nice card, Julie,

Greets Lia

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Stunning...I just love your toadstool looks fab, & ya gorjuss girl looks right at home sitting up there
Thanks for joining us this week for CES 1st Challenge, hope to see you again next week!!
hugs shell xx

ikki said...

Hi Julie, this is great use of the circle dies, and wondered if you would like me to put it in my F.F.G. in the cupboard? Not sure if you are a follower, that and posting a link back to the Cupboard is the only condition, I will do the rest and link back to your blog. Thanks for your support and for leaving a comment, unfortunately I could not find the sunflower you mentioned. thanks again, ikki

Di said...

This is really clever,and so effective. Love miss gorjuss perched up there. Good luck with hte challenges. Di.xx

Sheena said...

What a stunning card! Thanks for joining us at CES Challenge and hope to see you there next week! Sheena xx

Mummylade said...

this is just lovely! Thank you for joining my garden challenge at Allsorts with this and good luck.

Mami Doodles said...

Brilliant card, love the mushroom! Thanks for taking part in the Mami Doodles challenge.

Kirsten...x said...

stunning card love the different shape...x

Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs kirsten...x

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Very unique way to use your circles! Lovely piece of work. So happy you could join in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner!

Laurel said...

OH how sweet! thanks for playing at Wee Memories!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

So sweet & fabulous!! Thank you for joining us at Mami Doodles & at Wee Memories challenge!! xx

Emma said...

So gorgeous...I love it, totally brilliant!!
Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

ikki said...

Thanks Julie, but unfortunately I'm away from home untiil Monday and access to the net is limited. I will be in touch for putting it i the FFG next week. It's a great card and shows a circle is a really useful die. ikki

chrissy xx said...

Fabulous card Julie. Great idea.
Chrissyxx

Merry said...

So very very clever....a lovely card.

Scrapcat 1 said...

Love the card came from the Cuttlebug Cupboard

Loraine Arderne said...

Stunning card! So very clever with the nesties.