Wednesday 27 July 2011

On A Cold And Frosty Morning!

Before I start with my second post of the day I have an apology to make, I'm busy trying to get some of my course work done over the summer break which means I'm not blog hopping as much as I'd like to,I think it's taking it's toll and I'm feeling more than a little sad to see that this afternoon I have lost a follower!!!!  I hope that this isn't the first of many,the sooner I get my work done,the sooner I can get back to what I like to do best,visiting my lovely crafty blogging buddies so please,hang around till I'm done :)
 
On to my card:-
Thankfully we shouldn't be seeing any thing resembling this beautiful picture in my neck of the woods for at least a couple of months but hopefully it might inspire you and get those creative juices flowing as the challenge for this fortnight at Southern Girls is to use this Photo as  Inspiration .



The Australian and New Zealand sponsor is Scrapboxx and the international sponsor for this challenge who are one of my favourites is"Meljen" the Design team were given a choice of images,something I found a little tricky so I ended up using two! I coloured them using Copics,cut the images out and added stickles.



I used Nestability scalloped circles to cut the card and the layers using the Let It Snow paperpack by Dovecraft. 


I drip of glossy accents was added to the berries.



Foam pads were used between the layers and to place the images onto the card.


I'm using this card for the following challenges:-
DDCC38,Anything goes,digi,
Lexis 45,Shaped card,
MIM47,Anything goes,
Pollycraft 103,Christmas in July,
Creative Inspirations 64,Christmas in July,
2 Sisters 49,Anything goes,
PTT26,Anything goes,
Allsorts 113,Free and easy .
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x
Please scroll down for my previous post.

13 comments:

Chrissy said...

Fantastic card Julie...love the images[ who wouldn't] and your colouring is fabulous..Great card shape...love it.
Luv CHRISSYxx

coops said...

fantastic card julie.the shape is fab and i love your gorgeous image and stunning colouring.
good luck with the coursework hun :D

xx coops xx

Basslady said...

my goodness!

this is so delicious and amazing!

a real work of art!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Jill said...

This is beautiful!!
I love the way you have used the images and your colouring is fabulous
Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week!
Good luck and I hope to see you again
Hugs, Jill

Unknown said...

What a pretty card.. That shape looks wonderful with this card.. I sure have been seeing a lot of Christmas cards lately.. I think I need to get busy and get some of mine done.. I am so bad at waiting till the last minute..

Unknown said...

Your card looks wonderful my friend. I just love the shape.

I have been trying all morning to leave a comment. I think something going with blogger again.. But so glad it seems to be working now..

Hugs, Linda

NancyD said...

Very cute scene. I love the shape and all the really cute images. Saw you on MIM.

Louise F NZ said...

I just adore this card, love the scalloped circle and that the birds are by the mailbox. Very cute!!!! The snowflakes are fabulous too.

coldwaters2 said...

This is absolutely stunning Julie, the shape the colours and images are awesome thank you for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Mrs.B said...

Saw your card on MIM. Such a cute image, love your layout.
Avril

Mary J said...

Oh Julie, what a really great card - so sweet, love that little scene you made!

Thanks for linking up to the Make It Monday party too!

Mary J xxx

Nancy in Iowa said...

You are incredibly talent my blogging friend!
This is sooooo TWEET!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations challenges!
smiles,Deena