Friday 16 December 2011

Thank Goodness For Crafting.

Arriving home from school with Christmas gifts of chocolate from her friends,  my daughter decided that perhaps she did want to give gifts this year, now I had offered a few days ago to get presents but she'd decided that it wasn't needed this year. What is it with teenage girls, I'm sure I never gave gifts to school friends, we used to just do cards, these days,cards don't seem to be "cool" but presents seems to be the thing! Now, I did offer a trip to the shops,even though I'd had enough of traipsing round shops for one day,but a very undecided voice didn't know what she wanted to buy. Luckily I remembered that I'd bought a pack of cheque book sized note pads,ready for some boxing day party games, so I suggested to personalise them as gifts for her friends.  


Very basic I know but with limited time and using a selection of offcuts along with my Cricut and Plantins Schoolbook cartridge,my daughter was pleased to have unique gifts to give her friends.  If I'd had more time to play with I'd have added some decoration to the pens. I can't believe what a bargain these worked out to be,  the books and pens worked out at around 35p a go plus it's cleared a little from my off cuts drawer.

I'm using these for the following challenges:-
Charisma Cardz 49,Last min,Christmas makes,
Samuel Taylor, Anything goes,
Cooking It Up 86, Anything goes,
The Paper Variety, Anything goes,
Anything goes,56,Anything goe's o+ optional tag (tag used)
City Crafter 87, Alter a book.
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x

15 comments:

Unknown said...

These are lovely x I agree this is what I love about crafting too! x Leigh x

Lisa Jane said...

oh what a fab idea .. so personal and fun colours .I think they will love them!
Lisa x

Pami said...

You really are a star mum Julie! This is are perfect and they will love them! So much better than a shop bought gift! Have a good day! Pami x

Ros said...

Lovely! I'm sure they will be more than delighted with these personal gifts ... thanks so much for playing along at CCCB

Gaynor Greaves said...

What a gorgeous project, thanks for joining us for our challenge at Anything goes, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT :)

CraftLein* - enjoy creativity said...

What an cool gift to get! Amazing how you worked this out, I like them all!!

Love from The Netherlands,
Leintje*

coops said...

these are gorgeous julie.i brilliant gift idea ;D

xx coops xx

Unknown said...

Yes crafting does come in handy doesn't it.. These look amazing..

Hugs, Linda

sue said...

These are fabulous, Julie! A perfect little gift without too much stress attached!!
I hope you have a really great Christmas!!
Sue x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

How fun! thanks for playing along with us at CCCB

NanaConnie said...

These are really terrific, Julie! Thanks for playing along at Cooking It Up with Katie this time. You can enter a total of 3 times during this challenge, which ends on January 3. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
NanaConnie DT Chef

Laney said...

Fabulous Idea they are great!!
thanks for joining us at Charisma this time hope to see you next time too
Merry Christmas
hugs
laney

cnelson said...

These are so cute! Great idea! Thank you so much for joining us at CCCB this week!

Steph said...

What great little presents! Love the colours! Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes this week, hope to see you again soon! x

Penny said...

Thanks for linking up with our Cooking it up with Katie Anything Goes Challenge this month