Monday 8 March 2010

I've posted a couple of cards recently that have were made using leftovers of the rather scrummie Crate Paper from a class project a while ago. Scrapbooking doesn't always come easily to me but there was just something about these papers that for once the page just flowed.

I loved the shaped paper,It was so lovely to work with. I ran my blade around the sides and inserted the centre panel then cut out some flowers from one of the other papers and arranged them around the photo.

I know that journaling is needed on layouts but I always feel that my scrawl should be hidden so I made a little slit along the lines of colours and made a tag first of acetate then another slightly shorter which I wrote my journaling on. I then cut out one of the birds from the paper and stuck him to the acetate and added my journaling tag so that it looked like it was held in the bird's feet. I then slid this between the layers of paper and added 3d glaze to the birds tail which helped to "pop" the colours. Karen and Julie of Scrapbook Sisters always come up with some beautiful layouts and sketches for us to follow, scrapbooking might not always come easy to me but the classes are always fun. I wonder what this Wednesday's class will hold, will share with you later. Thanks for stopping by this evening,
catch up later in the week,
Julie x

1 comment:

vicky said...

A beautiful layout Julie, love the tag idea xxx