Sunday 29 June 2014

Book, Bath And Bed!


Ages ago I dropped the book I was reading in the bath, I'm sure I'm not the only person to have ever done this but you know what us crafters are like, we can't throw anything. Luckily the quick dunk it received didn't ruin it completely, it just fell into sections and only the cover and a few pages from the front and back had to be disposed of. I've used some pages before to make flowers from and cut the odd word from it to add to collaged cards.


Anyway, this week's theme at Less is More had me flicking through what was left and finding suitable words to punch hearts from. The fragile pages needed to be stuck to copy paper to be strong enough not to get stuck in the punch.
Here's what I came up with.


I'm using this card for the following challenges:-
LIM178, Recycle.

Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x

8 comments:

Chris said...

Hope you managed to finish reading the book!!! Love your card, Julie...simple and beautiful!
Chris
x

Chrissie said...

Just brilliant... love the pics of the book too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anne said...

Julie this is so stylish, great CAS creation!
Thank you very much for your entry into this week's Less is More Challenge
Anne
LIM Designer

coops said...

so stylish julie.gorgeous cas design and i love the hearts ;D

xx coops xx

Sid said...

So simple but fab !!

Skylark said...

Classically simple card, beautiful! Stef

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Clever use of a wet book and great recycling
Thanks for sharing
Sarah
Less is more

Nancy in Iowa said...

And this is why I am not allowed to take my Kindle into the bath with me! Great idea - beautiful card.