Sunday 10 February 2019

Free Motion Card Making

I've always sewn  but just over a year ago I learnt a new skill, free motion machine embroidery, one that I've been able to use in my card making. I don't think I've ever blogged any of my sewing before but thought I'd share a card that I was asked to make for a friend to give her daughter. I used free motion machine embroidery to create this Disney themed card, I only stitched the felt ears where they met the number allowing for some nice dimension to the piece. Initially I hadn't thought about blogging this card so it's not my usual white background look. I might share more of my free motion embroidery, although they too might not be with the best background.




Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x

2 comments:

Chris said...

Fabby card Julie...not sure what free motion machine embroidery is but it sounds clever and if this card is anything to go by it looks gorgeous! Love the Minnie Mouse effect and I see that you still love your dotty paper :))
Hope all is good with you.
xxx

Julie said...

Thank you Chris, I certainly do although this time it’s spotty fabric instead of spotty card. X