Saturday 1 May 2010

Double Challenge

Another birthday party,another gift needing a box so here it is and as luck would have it it also fits in with a couple of challenges.

The first challenge that I'm using it for is "Crafty Creations Challenge 65" where the brief is to make your own background papers.For this I used my Cuttlebug Swiss dots embossing folder. I had to fold the top and bottom sections of the box inwards before placing it within the folder I then repositioned it several times until the entire area was embossed.

The other challenge that I am entering it in is the "A Spoon Full Of Sugar" challenge 101 where you had to 3d something. Apart from the fact that I made the box,I also used 3d foam pads to raise several elements of the box.The images were stickers from my stash bought ages ago.
I made one of these cartons a few weeks ago but have improved on my original attempt. Last time I used a peg to seal the top of the box but this time I came across these binder clips in Wilkinsons,can't remember the price but think they were around £2. for the box of 15 assorted designed clips.

The name was cut using my Sizzix Alpha Bubbles.I used my Martha Stewart edging punch on the top section of card before attaching it to the box. The box didn't go exactly to plan but I'm really pleased with the finished result.
I hope that you all enjoy the Bank Holiday Weekend,
thanks for stopping by,
Julie x

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cool Gift box! Looks like it would have been fun to make!

pickle said...

Oh this is fab.. Love those clips will have to keep my eyes peeled for them

Like the way you have done the name going down too very effective.

Kerryx

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! Love how you used the swiss dots! Thanks for playing the Crafty Creations challenge!
smiles,Deena