Thursday 20 May 2010

I Must Be Getting Old!

Had my routine eye test this morning,only to be told,"Well you've not done too bad,most people need to wear glasses at your age!" lol blooming cheek,wasn't sure whether I wanted to laugh or cry so smiled politely and took a few gulps hoping not to let myself down with a few tears ( I'm sure the old hormones are also kicking in too) Told Mr B. who said,"that's good,maybe you wont take so long on the blogging once you can see the screen better then you might get time to do a bit of the ironing done too!" I think he was only joking,he does know better as he quickly added that he'd bring takeaway home tonight,that's good, I might make some cards tonight then!

Made this card especially for a challenge over at A Gem Of A Challenge 4 where the challenge is to make a card using Pink Burgundy and Green.They are also looking for a new design team member if anyone else fancies entering. Also entering this card for A Spoon Full of Sugar which specifies cute and girly,Allsorts Birthday Challenge,week 52 and Basic Grey week 20 Challenge which asks for punches to be used along with some Basic Grey products.I've used papers from their lovely Green at Heart range. Papertake Weekly Challenge is "Say it with flowers" I made my own flower,Check out this LINK to Die Cut Dreams Blog if you want to find out how it was done.So very easy but with beautiful results.
I'm not sure what I've done to change my text to this fancy italic writing but then I make cards,I don't claim to be a computer Wizz! Hope it doesn't look too bad as a post,will try to do better next time. (Maybe I'll be a computer Wizz when I pick up my Glasses!)
Thanks for stopping by,
catch you later,
Julie x


16 comments:

Annika said...

Julie, it's gorgeous, your colouring is fantastic and I I adore the way you have punched the papers! Gonna go and check out that flower tutorial now!
TFS
Hugs
Annika

Pop's Cards said...

This is gorgeous i love the cutie image and the papers are gret too, thank you fr joining us with our colour challenge at A gem of a challenge big hugs pops x x x Good luck with the DT call too x

Sue U said...

OOOh, now I NEEED that flower die! Wonder if it would work using the flower punches too? Sue xx

Julie said...

It sure does Sue, I've tried it with the retro daisy EK success punch that we've both got, it really alters the look of it. X

Di said...

Great card, my eyes got worse when i got my laptop, now i can't see a thing without my glasses.Di. x

gayle said...

Lovely card Julie. Love the flower. Thanks for the link - will have a go. Know what you mean about the eyes. Have to take small print to the window now days- I think they are making the small print even smaller these days!!!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so cute and what fab flower.
luv
Debby

vicky said...

Beautiful Julie, oooooooh love that flower! Im off to investigate now :) xx

Sharon said...

This is lovely Julie, your flower is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

Julie said...

A sweet card and I like your flower too.

Tara Godfrey said...

Ahhh this is such a sweet card, Julie! I love everything...the great BG papers, darling image and the handmade flower is stunning!!!
Thanks so much for joining the BasicGrey Challenge!
Hugs,t

Jeannie said...

Cute card Julie - and I had the same thing \t my last eyetest!

Eileen said...

Oh this is really gorgeous. You've coloured the image brilliantly and I love that flower. ~Thanks for the link to You Tube for colouring fur. Its brilliant. Eileen xx

Toneloni * Tonje said...

Oh what a beautiful card.Love the colors

Thanks for playing with us over at A Spoon Full of Sugar.

Hugs
Tonje

Mandy said...

A Lovely card...Great flower..Thank you for joining in with us at A Gem of a Challenge...
Mandy xx

Janet said...

This is just gorgeous!xx