Sunday 11 July 2010

Sunday Quickie

Thought I'd share a really quick card idea for an Engagement card Wedding card or even Anniversary, The card used just 1 piece of A4 card, I made it to fit one of the long envelopes (sorry I'm hopeless at remembering the names that they're given) so I needed to trim a section off before folding the card in half. I used a sizzix die to cut 2 pink hearts which I threaded onto a length of pink ribbon which I ran a tape runner along to secure it to the trimmed section of the card securing the ends behind I ran a pink chalk eye around the edges of the section before securing it to the front of the card.


because the tape runner isn't permanent at first I was able to arrange the hearts in the correct position before firming the ribbon down, I added a drip of glue behind each heart just to be sure it wouldn't slide then added a toning flat back gem to each heart and added 3 to the edge of the right hand side also. These are by Papermania and can be purchased at Scrapbook Sisters they come in lots of lovely colours. The greeting is Jane's Script by Woodware I stamped this using my pink chalk eye.


How quick was that! took me longer to write this post.
I can only find one challenge that I can use this for,if anyone knows of any others please let me know.
Allsorts Challenge 60, July love.
I'm off to start the ironing now :(
Thanks for stopping by
Julie.x

10 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

This looks fab what a great idea, so elegnat, hugs Pops x

Sue U said...

This is really lovely, simple is often more effective than complicated. You could also try entering this at

http://charismacardz.
blogspot.com/2010/06/carlyanns-wedding-candy-scroll-down-for.html

Mina said...

wow stunning Julie, so beautifully made and the contrast is amazing
Mina xxx

vicky said...

Lovely Julie xx

Unknown said...

Simply Beautiful my friend!

~Linda

Julie said...

A very elegant card

gayle said...

Great idea with the hearts Julie. X

Caroline and Jayne said...

Simply beautiful xxx

Eileen said...

I just adore this Julie ...sooo elegant x

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Such a beautiful card very elegant..

Thanks for playing the summer love challenge at Allsorts

Emma xxx