Sunday 18 July 2010

Sunday Quickie

Quick card,quick post,have spent far longer than I ever ment to today making a mini book and a 70th birthday card for a friend to give her mum. I almost wasn't going to post a card today but the snippets of paper on the floor and table inspired me to make another Sunday quickie. I roughly cut off cut strips of paper into triangles then inked around the edges with a charcoal chalk eye. before when I've made bunting I have mucked around sticking it onto ribbon but a quickie was in order so this time I just placed a tiny drop of glue onto the top right corner of a triangle and placed the next flag on top.


To be honest this was just so easy as the shape of the drape just seemed to happen. I then stuck a tiny off cut of ribbon to each end of the bunting and then gently shaped each flag over the edge of my scoring bone. I then trickled a tiny thread of glue around the top of the bunting and glued it in place. I rubbed a pink chalk eye around the edges of the card and stamped my greeting using brown Stazon. The recipient of this card will appreciate the no fuss design.
Sweet Stamping challenge,Spring chick photo inspiration,
Thanks for stopping by,Julie

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love love love this card!!!!!!!!

Thanks for playing at sweet stamping xx

Sue U said...

Amazingly card, the bunting is really effective!

Sue xx

gayle said...

A simple but brilliantly effective card Julie. Great minds must think alike as the bunting theme is exactly what I've been doing tonight!x

Jenny said...

A very cute card, love this!! Thank you for your sweet comment!! :) :) :)

Joey said...

Hi Julie

I absolutely LOVE this card so simple yet so effective. Thanks for joining us at sweet stampin

Joey.x

Louise F NZ said...

I have started following you so now you have 24 :)
Very cute card, love the bunting on white. Very sweet card.

Pop's Cards said...

Simple but really effective, love it, the sentiment is gorgeous too huigs Pops x