Wednesday 6 June 2012

Red, White And Blue

Morning all, what an amazing long weekend we were treated to for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee!  What a Lady she is!
With the celebrations in mind Julie has set the new challenge theme at Scrapbook Sisters as
We sure have seen lots of the colour combination here in the UK with all the Bunting and flags that have been flying!

Now, I have a confession to make, I usually make my DT cards a week in advance but found myself panicking on Monday evening as  I'd got mixed up with my days and as we were going up to London yesterday I had to make a card PDQ so my card is really simple. I also need to appologise for not getting round to comment on the huge amount of entries that there were last week either, I don't know where the week went. 




The centre of my flower is actually a button with tiny pearls in the centre covered with glossy accents to hold them in place.




I'm using my card for the following challenges:-
Creative Craft, Red, White and Blue,
CYDA46, Red, White and Blue,
LIM70, Red, White and Blue,
Card Makin Mamas, Punches,

Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x

13 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

This is fabulous that embossing really stands out x x x

Claire said...

This is a lovely simple design - fab embossing. Hugs, Claire x

Carly said...

wow! Simplicity always wins I think .... this is a gorgeous card.

Thank you so much for sharing your fabulous project with us at Creative Craft Challenges.

xoxo Carly

Vicky Hayes said...

Sometimes simple can be most effective Julie and this fabulous embossed card with the striking flower is certainly one of those! Vicky x

Deanna said...

This card is fab! the flower and the embossing is just perfect for the CAS look!

Lisa Jane said...

Oh this is fabulous... i love that embossing folder
Lisa x

amanda stokes said...

Hi Julie,
Gorgeous card,love the design! :) x

Jean said...

I love this crisp looking card. Super embossing. Jean x

Chrissie said...

This is really pretty.
I love the embossing!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Unknown said...

Such a pretty CAS card.. The embossing is perfect..

Hugs~

Jenny said...

Fantastic card Julie, the clean simple lines draw my eye to that pretty flower and I love the pearly centre too :0)
Jenny x

Aileen said...

Love the embossing and super red flower. x

Nancy in Iowa said...

Love all the textures and combination of elements. There is something so winning about black/white and a splash of color. Nicely done!