Wednesday 27 April 2011

Card Challenge 33.

It's Wednesday and time for another card Challenge! The theme for this week's challenge at Scrapbook Sisters is Distress. Now,this was so far out of my comfort zone, I did go easy with the edge of my scissors dragging them too and fro the edges of my paper a few times before hyperventilating and deciding that I'd concentrate on using inks to distress the edges of my card stock and papers instead.
The gorgeous papers are from the 12x12 paper pad "Spring Feast" by First Addition. I cut the rectangular focal panel having already cut the flower petals to fall outside of the cut (hope this makes sense) I cut another flower which I shaped and stuck over the first finishing the centre with a button. All of the swirls were hand cut from the paper. The butterfly punch was the first punch I ever bought many years ago,I really must use it more often,I added long glass beads for the bodies but wasn't sure I liked them,a thin trail of stickles on top made them look much nicer I think.
Come and get Distressed with us this week,can't wait to see what you come up with.
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x

6 comments:

brenda said...

Oh I do like to get distressed Julie, problem is I just can't do enought in front of the screen to enter challenges still.

But your work is gorgeous adn very much my kin of colours.

B x

coops said...

gorgeous card julie.i love the flower and sentiment and the inked edges look great :D

xx coops xx

Unknown said...

Your distressed card came out awesome.. You did a fab... job. I just love that look.. Hope you are having a wonderful day!!!

Hugs, Linda

Kristie W. said...

You did a fantastic job with the distressing. Beautiful card and papers :)

Sue U said...

I had to hoover the floor after distressing the edges of my card with scissors, it's scary so I understand your pain!! Love your card - great colours and the butterflies and ric rac are gorgeous additions :-) Sue xx

Nancy in Iowa said...

You did a fine job of stepping outside your comfort zone. This is really very pretty. I get distressed just thinking of all the paper cutting you did by hand!