Saturday 4 May 2013

Bunting And Butterflies.


Thought I'd share a Grande Scalloped Nestability card today, I love mixing them with my smaller circles and cutting frames. It never fails to amaze me how much more classy the cuts look when they're also embossed. 
The colour scheme for this card came about because of the rather gorgeous packaging of a "Sanctuary Gift collection" I received a couple of years ago. The orange just popped when teamed with the red and black. I wasn't feeling quite brave enough here though so diluted the colours a little by adding a large dose of white. I promise that I'll be braver next time and keep the white out of the equation, I think the mix will benefit no end!  





I'm using this this card for the following challenges:-

SFTW, Dies and punches,
TP165, Shaped card,
WW103, Girly,
NAAC9, Wings,
TCC16, Female,
ASCB79, Birthday,
CC17, Shaped,
CCT267, Fly.

Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x

12 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

ooh this is gorgeous .. i just love that rich colour combo
Lisa x

Chris said...

Beautiful, Julie! The colours are absolutely stunning!! Have a great weekend!
Chris
x

Cat's sCrap said...

Absolutely fa-bu-lous ! Your colours are perfect ! Magnificent composition. Wonderful butterflies. I like !!!

Hugs.
Catherine.

Unknown said...

I just love these scalloped shaped cards you make, they are so pretty.
Loving the spring butterfly..

Hugs~

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is very pretty and I adore the colours and those butterflies are awesome. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Totally Papercrafts.

Hugs
Cathy DT
xxxxxxx

Sheryl said...

This is beautiful. I love the shape and the embellishment and colours are gorgeous.
Thanks for joining us at Natalie and Amy this month. Hope we see you again next time.

Chrissy said...

This is beautiful Julie, gorgeous colours, those butterflies are gorgeous, fabulous design too...love it.

Luv CHRISSYxx

coops said...

love this julie.the rich colours are fantastic and gorgeous butterlfies and swirls :D

xx coops xx

Julie said...

Very pretty card. Love the shape and design. Thanks for joining us in our 3rd birthday celebration at Aud Sentiments
Hugs,
Julie T

Nancy in Iowa said...

Oh my dear! What a stunningly beautiful card! And it has BUNTING - my FAV! This is truly a beauty!

Gram's Treasures said...

Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma. Such an adorable card! Love those butterflies!
Joyce xx

Karen C said...

Very pretty! Thanks for playing with us this month at TCCCB!
FYI: We have a DT Call going on right now! Be sure to check it out!! :)
http://crafterscafeblogchallenge.blogspot.com/2013/05/tcccb-design-team-call.html
Hugs,
Karen C