Wednesday 15 May 2013

Going Dotty With Team Lou.

 Team Lou are leading the way this fortnight and the challenge theme is




Great Sponsors again this time, and the image I used is by one of them,
Lollyrot by Lollyrot
Now, I have to be honest here, This isn't my usual style of image and I panicked at first, that was until I got out my pens and coloured her up, I absolutely love her.





She seemed to magically whisper and all of the elements fell into place easily.



Maybe I should have left the flower without the flitterglu and guilding flakes, I might decide to replace that element.
I recycled a page from a battered book, it looked pretty fab with the guilding flakes and I'm sorry, actually I'm not going to appologise for my bunting, it's my indulgence lol!



I'm using this card for the following challenges:-
CIO, Stash/2 or more papers,
DOC51, Sparkle,
SOS101,Scraps,
CYP162, Children at play,
CC99,Pick 3 Embossing,distress, home made flower,
CC242, Lots of layers,
Fashionista15, Vintage or shabby,
MIM140, Anything goes.

Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x




19 comments:

Lin said...

I personally love your flower!

I would have loved a full on look at the front of this as well as the arty one from an angle, lol, but it's a fablous design. I love the rich colours and there is so much detail going on. I also love your bunting so no apology necessary!

Thanks for joining us

Lin xx
Crafty Cardmakers.

Julie said...

Thanks Lin, I usually do a straight on view but for some reason the one I took was so blurry! Will try to take another when I've more time. X

Sue U said...

Wow Julie, love the colours and textures of your card, might just have to case this one!

Sue xx

Elaine said...

Great card and I love the image and the die cut. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Maria Sabina R. said...

Really impressed ! I love your card and of course the way you worked with the image¬!

Chris said...

It isn't your normal style, Julie!...but it is fabulous! Love how you've coloured the image, it gels so perfectly with those gorgeous papers. I like the flower with the glittery stuff!
Chris
x

Cards By MI said...

Fabby looking creation. Stunning colours and so many lovely details. Thanks for playing with us over at the Crafty Card Makers Challenges this time.
Love n hugs
Marie

coops said...

so stunning Julie.fabulous design and colours and I love the quirky image :D

xx coops xx

Sharon said...

I love your colour scheme and all details - fab! The flower is just perfect! Thanks for playing along with my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. Good luck! Sharon x

Sandy said...

A quirky image and you've made a wonderful card with her. Thanks for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.
Hugs,
Sandy

Unknown said...

I LOVE this one. I just love the shabby feel it has. And the flower looks wonderful.

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. Your the sweetest.

Hugs~

Josephine said...

Beautiful card - love the muted colours!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

Leslie Hanna said...

There's lots of great detail going on, here. Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Cindy said...

It's beautiful Julie! It's really unique and the colors are beautiful!

Thank you for joining us at Fashionista!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderfully unique card and the grungy feel is just perfect for the beautifully coloured image.Don't touch that flower!Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

Bonnie Irvine said...

I would not change a thing on this card. I love it just the way it is. The bunting is adorable and the flower looks awesome. What a fun image! Thanks for joining our Child's Play challenge at Craft Your Passion. I hope we see you again soon.

Kim x said...

WOW, this is just stunning. I love it all.
Thanks for joining our latest challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.
hugs Kimx

Donna said...

Fab card and I'm loving all the layers. Many thanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake this week :) Donna ♥ x

Anonymous said...

What an absolutely stunning card! I love the colours you have used, the way you have shaded it and the way you have built it up. Brilliant. :)