Wednesday 12 October 2011

Anything Goes!

Boy,it looks like I wasn't the only one to feel challenged by last week's challenge theme at Scrapbook Sisters,Never mind,today is a card challenge that everyone will love!  it's an Anything Goes! For my DT card I used my lovely new stamp and my old faithful Cuttlebug snowflake.

I covered my card,layering my papers,only running my glue around the edge,then  using my Nestability squares I removed the centre leaving an apperture but also leaving me with 2 squares of design paper and a square of card to use at a later date. (such a thrifty child lol!) My image I coloured using Copics,using a black jelly roll glaze pen for the eyes and mouth and stickles for the snow.


I placed the snowflakes where I would eventually glue then then worked out where to centralise my image(Get me I almost sound intelligent lol!) and dabbed a dob of glossy accents onto the ends of the snowflakes and firmed my  image onto them (ok,now you know I'm not ) after a few seconds I lifted my image,snowflakes intact and added a little glossy accents to the ends of the snowflakes where they met the design paper.  Ok,hope that makes sense,it's as clear as mud to me! I used glossy accents only because I've run out of my favourite glue.

I'm using this card for the following challenges:-
Anything Goes 51,Die cuts or punches,
Heart songs 19,Die cuts.
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x

11 comments:

Amanda R said...

This is adorable Julie! I need to find my big snowflake die, totally forgot about the thing!

Lisa Jane said...

ooh i love those snowflakes Julie! and what a cute image .
Made perfect sense to me
Lisa x

Unknown said...

Your Christmas card is beautiful.. Such a sweet image you used.. And I love those big snow flakes..

Hope you are having a happy day!!

Hugs, Linda

coops said...

gorgeous card julie.i love your icy colours and the image is adorable ;D

xx coops xx

Dorcas said...

Wow Julie! This is AMAZING! I love that window!

cardmaking bird said...

Oooooo, it's gorgeous! I love how you've done this and the design - and those papers are yummy!!! Hugs, Marie xxx

Pop's Cards said...

This is gorgeous hunni x x x x

Mary J said...

How wonderful Julie! I lvoe that window!

cheryl said...

oh this is just so beautiful love the image and great layout and detail bless you for playing at anything goes this week too hugs cherylxxxx

Nancy in Iowa said...

ingenious! Love your 'dabbed a dob'!

Designing with Debbie said...

Cute card. What a sweet image. Thanks for joining the Heart Song challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week.
Debbie HSI DT